Meta Toolchain Release (2008 May)

Pranav Desai pranavadesai at gmail.com
Fri May 30 07:28:55 CEST 2008

On 5/29/08, John Lee <john_lee at openmoko.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 06:44:42PM -0700, Pranav Desai wrote:
>> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 9:34 PM, John Lee <john_lee at openmoko.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > libjana isn't packaged in toolchain by default.  the default
>> > compopents are:
>> >
>> > libmokogsmd2, mokoui2, mokopanelui2, mokojournal2 and dependencies.
>> >
>> > we cannot package everything or it's going to be a huge toolchain.
>> > however, there are 2 interesting aliases in environment-setup:
>> >

>> I understand, and you don't have to include all the libraries, but atleast
>> the prerequisite for building a standard openmoko app should be included.
>>

> That is exactly the problem.  You see, if we put april software update
> into consideration (these are standard openmoko apps as well), the
> prerequisite will not be small for a toolchain.  I'm still thinking

Not sure what you mean, is it that the dependencies for the April
software are different and hence the toolchains needs both April and
May libs ?

I have just looked at one app (dialer), so you guys know the
dependencies a lot better than I do and maybe they do make the
toolchain too big, but just for the dialer the toolchain was pretty
reasonable size.