Join the "Embedded and Mobile Day" at Akademy 2008, August 12, Belgium

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Tue May 20 13:11:56 CEST 2008

Hello,

In the time honored tradition of the KDE community we organize special
side-events during our yearly World Summit.
A big part of the mind share in the Open Source world the past year
has gone to Mobile and Embedded platforms; where the technical and
Freedom aspects seem to favor our preferred software development model
over proprietary methods. This is the reason why the EmSys research
group and KDE organize this meeting of interested parties in the
context of the major community event, Akademy 2008.

The "Embedded and Mobile Day" will feature several talks and a closing
panel discussion about the achievements and opportunities of Open
Desktop and other Open Source projects in the Small Form-Factor world.
The presentations should be oriented towards an audience
"knowledgeable" about embedded development, not the general KDE
developers. Meanwhile KDE and other Open Source hackers will be
testing consumer devices and the desktop applications they are meant
to interface with during a "plugfest", for which anyone is most
welcome to provide hardware contributions.

Topics can include, but are in no way limited to:
    * Embedded Linux
    * Mobile and integrated GUI's
    * System Integration
    * Embedded Development tools and distro's
    * Innovation based on Open Source and Open Desktop technology

More details on the website at http://akademy.kde.org/events/emmobile.php .

This is your chance to contribute and share your ideas, project or
demonstrations by sending a topic proposal to
akademy-emmobile at lists.denayer.wenk.be before June 16th.

Feel free to forward this email to as many people as possible.

Bart Cerneels
bart.cerneels at kde.org
irc: Stecchino on freenode
Akademy 2008 organizer
First point of contact for everything venue related
cellphone +32496100633