Modem wakeup...

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Tue Jul 24 14:12:17 CEST 2007

Arnaud Patard (Rtp) schrieb:
> Nils Faerber <nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de> writes:
>> Arnaud Patard (Rtp) schrieb:
>>> Nils Faerber <nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de> writes:
>>> I've no idea on how the modem is working too but at least I can see that
>>> there's a irq handler for a "modem wakeup" interrupt. Unfortunately, I
>>> don't see where the gpio is configured to do interrupts.
>>>
>>> Can you try adding :
>>> s3c2410_gpio_cfgpin(GTA01_IRQ_MODEM, S3C2410_GPF1_EINT1);
>>>
>>> before set_irq_type(GTA01_IRQ_MODEM, IRQT_RISING); in
>>> mach-gta01:gta01_machine_init() ?
>> Something is very strangenow...
>> If I add the above command the NEO does not boot-up anymore, "kernel
>> panic, unable to mount rootfs, tried jffs2".
> oh :(

No problem, I know that this is development stuff and not final wisdom ;)

>> I tried several times, both on V3 and V4.
>> After I removed the command again everything returned to normal, device
>> boots.
>> What side effect could
>> 	s3c2410_gpio_cfgpin(GTA01_IRQ_MODEM, S3C2410_GPF1_EINT1);
>> possibly have concerning the NAND Flash?
>
> too bad. My fault. sorry :(

Really no problem!
I rather try broken stuff than nothing at all. So also wrong tries are
greatly appreciated! And besides... also failures serve a purpose: You
learn how not to do it ;)

> This should have been:
> s3c2410_gpio_cfgpin(S3C2410_GPF1, S3C2410_GPF1_EINT1);

OK, here we go: It does not "crash" anymore but it also does not help
either.

The interesting thing is that supposedly also during run-time the
interrupt handler should at least printk() that the wake-up int has
occurred, which should assumingly happen when calling the NEO.
But even at run-time exactly nothing happens.

That leads to two assumptions:
1. The modem still needs to be configured to assert the modem wakeup
signal - How?
2. The wakeup irq GPIO is still wired incorrectly?

I think at this point we need help from someone who knows more about the
modem or the wiring...

> Arnaud
Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535