Modem wakeup...

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Wed Jul 25 10:28:06 CEST 2007

Arnaud Patard (Rtp) schrieb:
> Nils Faerber <nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de> writes:
[...]
>>> being curious, did you compare the battery level before and after ?
>> He, darn, I did not look at the exact level...
>> I had a battery monitor with four bars running and one bar was missing.
>> This mean that we lost something up to 25%.
>> I will try to make this more exact, promised ;)
> I didn't want an exact value :)
> I wanted to see how bad/good was the neo in suspend compared to others
> devices like the n800.

Not really en-par yet ;)

I tested it last night: with GSM on and assuming that the batery meter
is accurate und halfway linear I had a 30% loss within 15 hours of
standby. This would add up to about two days of standby.

For a first try not bad, for real use probably too short, compared to
the rest of the smartphone market almost a show stopper.
But this is (hopefully) unoptimised and with room for improvement, even
with the GTA01V4 hardware.

> Arnaud
Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535