Greetings, and questions about work flow

Pierre Ossman drzeus-list at drzeus.cx
Tue May 15 12:32:59 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

For those of you not recognizing my name, I'm the maintainer of the MMC layer in
the kernel (which makes it possible to read the included SD card).

I thought I'd get up to speed on how you guys work. "Normal" kernel works
usually involves a git repo, but I couldn't find one on the wiki. Do you just
keep replacing the patches in the svn repo when you modify stuff?

Secondly, I'm curious as to what kind of contact you have with Samsung. The wiki
states you got the SD driver from TomTom, not from Samsung, so I would assume
not so good.

That driver is not a beauty btw, so my first task will probably be to sanitize
it. Hopefully we can also get it in mainline. That requires a maintainer though,
and I do not have time to take on that role. Samsung would be preferable, but if
they're not available, is there anyone else that might be interested?

Rgds

--
     -- Pierre Ossman

  Linux kernel, MMC maintainer        http://www.kernel.org