Linux 2.6.23-rc8 for OpenMoko

Jan Lübbe jluebbe at
Sat Sep 29 17:56:43 CEST 2007

In preparation for the release of 2.6.23 i've updated our patches to
2.6.23-rc8. They are available in

Some bugs have been introduced upstream which are fixed by:

Ben, perhaps some of these should be submitted to lkml.

Right now there seems to be a problem with framebuffer and psplash:
X wont start automatically while booting if psplash is used. If i start
it manually via ssh, it works ok. Also disabling psplash works around
this problem.
There is an error message from psplash: "Error cannot switch away from
console: Invalid argument". I've not found the cause of this bug yet.

Jan Lübbe <jluebbe at>
 gpg-key      1024D/D8480F2E 2002-03-20
 fingerprint  1B25 F91F 9E7B 5D4F 1282  02D6 8A83 8BE4 D848 0F2E