(GTA02, kernel) introduction of GTA02v6
werner at openmoko.org
Tue Apr 1 15:42:25 CEST 2008
Andy Green wrote:
> Just to be sure... we didn't make a V6 U-Boot that is incompatible with
> V5, right? Like the 0x0350 stuff?
What u-boot does now is:
- if configured for < GTA02v5, behave as it always did
- if configured for GTA02v5 or GTA02v6:
- detect whether it's running on v5 or v6 (v6 still needs verifying)
- adjust the prompt accordingly
- send the corresponding ATAG to the kernel
- set pcb_rev in the environment (do you still need this ?)
For the u-boot compatibility check in DFU, it identifies itself as
GTA02v5, no matter whether it was configured for GTA02v5 or GTA02v6.
Also, for an incoming u-boot binary, if expects the GTA02v5 tag,
no matter whether it was configured for GTA02v5 or GTA026, or
whether it is running on GTA02v5 or GTA02v6.
So far, I don't have any changes for u-boot or kernel that actually
need to distinguish GTA02v5 and GTA02v6. If you don't either, I
wonder why there was all that urgency yesterday about unifying what
was already the same ... :)
Well, anyway. In case we need it, all the stuff is now there.
More information about the openmoko-kernel