GTA04 PMU / Core arch block diagram v1

Andy Green andy at
Wed Apr 2 09:02:42 CEST 2008

| On Tuesday 01 April 2008 16:26:51 Andy Green wrote:
|> Hi folks -
|> Here is a first go at a diagram of the proposed core arch for the
|> s3c64x0 stuff specifically around the MPU changes.
| Can the s3c6400 display static information on the LCD while it is in
| That would be really useful in combination with a transflective display
| (which should definitely be considered). I mean 10 year old Nokia
phones can
| be used as a pocket watch...

No I don't think so... during suspend the CPU core and memory is powered
down, and the PLLs are down too.

You can get LCMs with internal framebuffer, in this case it can continue
to display; we could wake briefly once a minute to update it.  But as
you say it is only useful in transflective mode since we can never
afford to run the backlight in suspend.  So I guess this kind of
decision is all about the LCM.