GTA04 PMU / Core arch block diagram v1 / Bluetooth interface

Andy Green andy at
Thu Apr 3 16:42:54 CEST 2008

|> |
|> | I think BT should rather use a high-speed UART or SDIO  than USB.  USB
|> | is really cumbersome in the suspend/resume case, esp. with regard to
|> the
|> | wakeup-from-bluetooth case (talk to Marcel Holtmann, if you need
|> | details)
|> Sounds good to me, I don't hold any torch for USB interface on it.  I
|> guess it is just pricing / availability question out of my scope.  What
|> do you think about a different bluetooth interface based around UART or
|> SDIO, Tony?
| Depends on what IO port left, SDIO and USB are more popular choice, I am
| not sure what module support UART and the speed/processing limit by
| using UART for large/long data transmission.

It seems that the chip on the BT module we use supports SPI and UART
already along with USB, whether the module gives them out I don't know,
but maybe it is just an ordering option what comes out there.