gta02 kernel assistance

Sean McNeil sean at
Thu Apr 10 21:25:32 CEST 2008

I'm having some issues with the gta02 hardware:

1) sdcard errors accessing more than 1GB. I have a 2GB card and it works
fine for first 2 partitions when I setup as 512MB/512MB/1GB, but if I
use the whole card I get errors accessing top 1GB.
2) I get an annoying click when I turn on the audio amp to get sound out
of the speakers. The click is extremely loud.

I guess the first thing to do is to make sure I have the latest with any
fixes you have. Which is the best approach? git or quilt patches from
SVN? I am not very familiar with git. I've done the following from the
web page:

git clone git:// linux-2.6
cd linux-2.6
git checkout origin/andy

I've made changes to support some stuff I'm working on. Things like add
usb/ac power and change the power button to be a menu_key if held less
than a second. Some other stuff as well.

This was about a week ago. I've seen changes logged on the web page, but a

git merge HEAD

says Already up-to-date. This can't be. The logs show diffs I'm missing.
I've also tried

get checkout origin/zecke

Same thing.

Any help in how to work git would be appreciated. If the svn quilt
patches are a better source, then I will use that.