GSM flow-control non-functional on GTA01 (and possibly GTA02)

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at
Mon Apr 28 22:24:36 CEST 2008

On 4/28/08, Flemming Richter Mikkelsen <quatrox at> wrote:
> On 4/28/08, Andy Green <andy at> wrote:
> [..]
> > The FIQ is only lightly used actually, so as not to eat power the bulk
> > of the time no FIQs occur.  Only when we want to do something like read
> > the battery state it runs a timer to cause FIQs.  At all other times it
> > doesn't hurt if the FIQ source is something different since no timer
> > events will come.
> This sounds strange to me. Why do we use FIQ to run a timer when we
> have RTC and why is this needed for reading the battery state? I think
> this can be solved in other ways.

Sorry, I was misreading.

Let me refrase my question:
Why do we run a timer to create FIQs? Is this really necessary?

Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at:

Free your mind - Open(moko) your phone