NULL pointer dereference at s3cmci

Cesar Eduardo Barros cesarb at
Sun Aug 3 14:31:45 CEST 2008

Andy Green escreveu:
> I was upleveling our tracking branch to 2.6.27-rc1 yesterday and I
> noticed major changes went in there for s3cmci, just a FYI.

If I'm looking correctly at the gitk output, the major change is
actually the addition of the driver itself (which wasn't there before).
However, the problematic code seems to be the same.

> Looking at the backtrace I think you have the right idea, somehow async
> change detect comes before probe completes, something like that.

Which would mean it's very timing dependent, since the oops depends on
the scheduled work getting scheduled before the task executing the
s3cmci initialization.

Cesar Eduardo Barros
cesarb at
cesar.barros at