can i try to use my code to boot CURRENT KERNEL

xiangfu xiangfu at openmoko.org
Mon Aug 4 16:30:11 CEST 2008

can i try to use my code to boot CURRENT KERNEL

i spent a lot of time about loads a file form NAND to DRAM(and serial
console debug),
so i want do something about "Next"[1]
--"add the initialization that is currently done in u-boot and not
--in the kernel." even now i don't know how to do it, but i want try.

Werner wrote:
**[1]**Next, you can try to bring up the kernel. This is a big item, but
after
having mastered the previous steps, you'll have the skills to debug it
step by step. You should treat the kernel just as one big binary. Don't
worry about user interaction and such yet.

In order to make the kernel work, you have to:

- add the initialization that is currently done in u-boot and not
in the kernel. I think you should be able to get the kernel to
issue printks over the serial port even without this, so you may
want to try this first.

- provide the descriptors that tell it what hardware it runs on, etc.
This is a structure called "Arm TAG" or "ATAG".

- pass a boot parameter line that tells the kernel where the console
is.