what is the "kernel" start_addr in NAND

Dale Schumacher dale.schumacher at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 22:29:03 CEST 2008

Andy,

Would you mind giving a description of the steps in the Freerunner
boot process.  I think a few paragraphs would be sufficient to provide
a conceptual foundation for understanding the roles played by various
parts of the boot code.  AFIAK the steps include:

 * Launching u-boot with u-boot_env
 * Locating Linux kernel based on FS and format specified in u-boot_env

I'm not sure how kernel parameters are specified, such as the location
of root-FS, and I expect I've missed a few steps in the process
(splash screen?).  In any case, more detail on any of the above would
be greatly appreciated.  I would be willing to add it to the wiki as
well.

Thanks,
Dale