Fix battery issue with 2.6.26 kernel

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Mon Aug 18 01:56:43 CEST 2008

It looks like setting TOUTn on the LEDs will cause serious issues for
me. Not only did it create failures with reading the battery, but I
believe it also was the reason for my modem failures I reported
earlier.  I am including 2 patches:

1) Clean up gta02 code to eliminate timer logic. This appears to be
remnants of gta01 support within gta02 specific code.

2) Add ac and usb power_supply classes, reduce battery access to a
predetermined rate (currently 10 seconds), notify userspace of battery
update, remove online status result for battery as it belong in ac/usb.

The battery class needs a little more work. It should only notify when
there is a change in values and I think ac should check to see if
charging at 1000mV to distinguish between using charger or plugging into
usb.

Sean