Openmoko Bug #1591: SMS not decoded properly, gets truncated

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Mon Aug 25 00:18:58 CEST 2008

#1591: SMS not decoded properly, gets truncated
 Reporter:  stiell           |        Owner:  openmoko-kernel
     Type:  defect           |       Status:  new
 Blocking:                   |

Comment(by stiell):

 It looks like the problem is in
 /openmoko-dialer2/src/phone-kit/moko-sms.c?rev=4260#L290 moko-sms.c,
 function on_incoming_sms]. It assumes ALPHABET_DEFAULT means "7-bit ASCII
 message" instead of the GSM 7 bit default alphabet. Although I'm not a C
 developer, I would try to make a patch, but I don't have the development
 environment set up.