u-boot low-battery handling

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Aug 26 00:08:43 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> Maybe the best way to come at this is going to be move GTA02 to Qi

Wish that was easy ... but then the over-optimized partitioning
scheme bites us :-( Of course, just wiping out the entire NAND and
setting up something sane would help.

Then we still have u-boot in NOR to worry about, which will still use
the dynamic partitions, so it's only good for replacing qi, not for
touching the rest. But I guess that's bearable.

Plan B would be to make u-boot stay below the 100mA limit unless
someone explicitly asks for the boot menu. How does that sound ?

Since u-boot is much much slower than qi, that means that it would
take a good while before there are any visible signs of life,
which isn't so nice either.

Plan C: accept that sort of palative treatment for u-boot, fully
aware that this makes it terminally unmaintainable.

So many evils to choose from ...