accelerometer driver

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Fri Aug 29 05:49:14 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 02:06:51PM +0900, Andy Green wrote:

> I don't know of one with mainline support off the top of my head.

I am not aware of any mainline acceelerometer drivers.

> The LIS302DL threshold stuff will be useful when it is implemented.  A
> lot of alternative motion sensors are analogue type, which we can use
> fine with CPU ADC, but then we don't get the power saving from threshold
> stuff.

I originally voted strongly against analog accelerometers, since then you have
to route very sensitiva analog signals half across the PCB.  The accelerometers
have to be at a maximum physical distance from each other, i.e. there will be
long traces with fragile analog signals.

Also, each analog accelerometer has three analog signals (one for each axis),
which is six signals, i.e. more than our s3c24xx ADC has input channels.

Also, having irq-based tap / double-tap / free-fall detection in hardware
seemed really neat to me.