accelerometer driver

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at openmoko.com
Fri Aug 29 07:20:44 CEST 2008

Harald,
I have heard a lot of mysteries around the accelerometers.
Are they very sensitive or not? How sensitive? Are they calibrated
somewhere?
In the factory we saw big variations of values they produced, when
lying flat on a table. Nobody could really understand why.
Do we need 2 accelerometers, if they are already 3D? We are planning
to take one out in future products... What do you think?
Until today there are bugs in the driver talking to both at the same
time I think, in other words even if there is some advantage to having
two, they are not working right yet...
Just fyi,
Wolfgang