Where to check out the kernel source tree and AR6000 802.11g drivers

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Fri Aug 29 17:00:53 CEST 2008

| Hi Everyone,
|      Can someone tell me where to check out the kernel source tree and
| AR6000 802.11g drivers.  I used the phone to set up an ad-hoc network
| with a X61 laptop. The ad hoc network is rarely set up, and even if it
| is set up, ping operations from each other will break in the middle
| anytime.  I saw that some older readme document  (up to 2005) says the
| support of original Atheros Wireless LAN driver to ad-hoc mode is very
| unreliable. I doubt if the driver of the openmokos has the same problem.

I wouldn't automatically assume that we are doing better.  AR6001 from
us goes out with unchanged Atheros firmware for it AFAIK.  There are a
fair few Trac entries about shakiness from it.  With the closed
firmware, we can't do much about that, and the driver stack is pretty scary.

Clone this

and you will find the non-mainline Atheros SDIO stack and driver for
AR6001 that we use.