Android howto

Andy Green andy at
Tue Dec 2 09:57:53 CET 2008

| Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
|> Sean McNeil wrote:
|>> I am uploading a new rootfs.jffs as I type. It will take a few hours
|>> with my slow connection :(
|> Thanks so much...
|> What about the kernel for android? Do you have a newer version, maybe
|> with suspend/resume fixes? :P
| Not yet. I do have a newer kernel, but there are some problems with it.
| I'll copy it over for you. It is at
| if you'd like to try it out.

Just a thought, because we as a company don't "do" source packages, we
need to put a git head hash and the branch at least on the binary kernel
files to direct people to the sources matching any binaries we put out.
~ This was on my mind when doing the fair amount of work to get history
in tracking git branches.

Also, what's in this kernel that isn't in andy-tracking?  We need to
have whatever it is in our git so all our kernels do whatever it is
Android needs -- I thought we were already there.