suspend/resume test

Jeremy Chang jeremy at openmoko.com
Fri Dec 5 14:03:25 CET 2008

Hi, lists:
    Recently, I am trying to test suspend/resume auto recursively with a
script that I wrote as here,
http://svn.openmoko.org/developers/jeremy/winker/madwinker.

This script uses wkalrm that's by Werner to wakeup the device. you can
set a parameter to decide how many times you want to test. It's
basically a while loop that with "wkalrm +5s && echo mem > /sys/power/state" inside.

    For now, I run it with the GTA02 daily kernel stable image, the
result is very exciting, The device I tested is with sim card inside,
and I test it with bluetooth and gps on, I tested it with 1000/2000/4000
times test by running the script. The result is that all the tests were
completed, and the device is still alive, can make a phone call.

    So, It looks suspend/resume is very stable in stable branch.
    For andy-tracking, I just tried using it to test, but now I met a
problem from the beginning, the device can't be waked up by the rtc. I
don't know what's the cause yet.  Any clue for this?

    Hi, Andy, do you have any plan about how I can do this kind of test for
andy-tracking image? For gta02, when will be likely andy-tracking the next
stable/testing image? I am a newbie here.

Later I and Matt have a plan to improve this script, like testing the
device in various and random different situation, recording the current
value to check if the suspend really works. Even it could be used on
manufacture line in factory.

Regards,
Jeremy