Howto build Android kernel

Sean McNeil sean at
Tue Dec 9 08:27:35 CET 2008

Hi Rui,

I carry around a small patch that hacks in the menu button until I can
figure out how to gracefully add the capability into Android. There is
also some configuration changes that I use to include functionality into
the kernel. Android can load kernel modules, but I tend to prefer not
using them at this time.

Attached you'll find the change and config I use for the Android kernel.