Clock offsets during suspend/resume

Jan Lübbe jluebbe at
Fri Dec 12 15:49:46 CET 2008

On 2.6.24, after each suspend/resume cycle, the system clock lags 2-3
seconds more behind the hw clock and ntp. The amount of lag seems to be
independant of the time spent in suspend.

On 2.6.28 from andy-tracking i get an offset of 10 seconds per cycle.
This kernel also takes a lot longer to resume because it has to scroll
more kernel output (2 warnings about already enabled regulators, ...).
The total time spent on the console during suspend and resume is also
about 10 seconds.

If we can't fix the system clock, could we restore it from the hw clock
during resume?