Clock offsets during suspend/resume

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at
Sat Dec 13 18:38:10 CET 2008

Am So  14. Dezember 2008 schrieb Jan Lübbe:
> On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 23:03 +0530, Balaji Rao wrote:
> > Yes, I'm not going to immerse myself in the problem and all :) Will see
> > if I can get it to it with reasonable effort..
> Thanks!
> Further RTC testing shows that it is rather stable. It is about 4
> seconds too fast per day on my device, which should be easy to
> compensate. This seems to be independant of whether it is suspended or
> not.
> Jan

man hwclock|less +"/adjtime"

but *please* don't adjust RTC according to systime then (hwclock --systohc),
on any other occasion than exactly adjusting time via NTP or user-setting
(this bug to write a runaway systome to hwclock on shutdown (in initscripts)
is around for years now in quite some distris)