What is the proper way to turn wlan on/off? Other wlan questions.

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Thu Dec 18 13:01:02 CET 2008

| And, btw, while WiFi is operational, iwlist scan shows an obscure
| error message when there're no APs around. Is it a known issue?

Werner seems to be owning these kind of questions so I leave it to him.

| Are there plans to implement rfkill interface to Wlan? Should FSO
| target it (as well as bluetooth's one)?

The situation as I understand it now is that the pins we have to the
module don't do anything useful for forcing low power mode or switching
power.  The only way to get low power state in AR6001 is send the magic
ioctl beforehand.  They obviously do something but it isn't delivering
lowest power state.

| Andy, i can confirm that when wpa_supplicant is correctly associated
| with an AP, suspend/resume cycle results in correct automatic
| reestablishing of the connection.

Yay there is some good news in the world!  Thanks.