What is the proper way to turn wlan on/off? Other wlan questions.

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Thu Dec 18 14:17:55 CET 2008

| I'm not sure if power_on should actually produce a detection event.
| We've had troubled in the past with those low-level controls getting
| too smart (in the case of GSM reset-to-upgrade-firmware), and it
| would also be somewhat messy to feed this information into the stack
| "from the outside".

It was to have been unavoidable on GTA03, the s3c6410 has a broken pin
allocation for card detect hardware pin, you had to nudge the stack to
tell it that a connect or disconnect action had occurred.  But "that
issue has gone away now".

| Sean McNeil has recently added rfkill for BT. I think it would make
| sense to do the same for WLAN, yes.

You fancy adding this?  I guess it should do whatever it is the ioctl does.