Openmoko Bug #2187: andy-tracking/de473c: poweroff hangs at "System halted"

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Mon Dec 22 14:58:38 CET 2008

#2187: andy-tracking/de473c: poweroff hangs at "System halted"
 Reporter:  lindi            |          Owner:  openmoko-kernel
     Type:  defect           |         Status:  new
Component:  System Software  |        Version:  unspecified
 Severity:  normal           |       Keywords:
 Haspatch:  0                |      Blockedby:
Estimated:                   |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:                   |   Reproducible:
 This was originally reported by Klaus Kurzmann mok at on
 the kernel list but since I could not find a ticket for I am opening one
 now. I can personally witness the problem with andy-tracking

 with current andy-tracking (e142549d884a17b81b4c87de8ab116bd8b1df03c)
 poweroff seems to be broken. After initiating shutdown with one of:
 - poweroff
 - shutdown -h now
 - shutdown -h -P now

 last line seen on screen is:
 System halted.

 but the device (GTA02) does not power off.