GTA02 Power Glitch Reason Found

Andy Green andy at
Tue Feb 5 11:48:07 CET 2008

Hi Allen -

> I have a suggestion for putting a capacitor GTA02v5. I check the PCB,
> it is not easy to rework it. We must remove R1766(EXTON3) and R1741
> (KEEPACT pull down resistor) and put a 0402 capacitor (1u,6.3V)
> between these resistor. Therefore, EXTON3 will have noise and we
> don't have KEEPACT function (always pull high).

I didn't understand yet what we used KEEPACT for anyway, if we're sure
its okay to lose it then fine.

But the later datasheet I found recommends 22uF for this task, although
it was better for me with 1uF (than 0uF) I think if we are going to
attack it we should really resolve it according to NXP recommendation if
possible.  And that won't fit in 0402.

I found it was possible to fit a tantalum cap in the space as in the
picture I sent, but I agree it isn't easy: maybe the factory will have
an opinion.