GTA02 Power Glitch Reason Found

Andy Green andy at
Tue Feb 5 14:35:24 CET 2008

>> Sure -- but care is needed below (for other components) and above (for
>> the can), some insulating tape will probably do it.
> I was actually thinking of rearranging the placement of chips on the
> PCB. I don't think the factory likes going into the third dimension
> for SMT :-) But I can see on your picture that it's a bit more
> complicated. Time to get the Gerbers ...

In case there isn't a free ride to be had in 2D, it can be done in 3D :-)

>> With this -- random standby problems plaguing me for days are all gone.
> Kewl. This is a great day.

I didn't see that failure to fork JFFS2 garbage collector error since
the rework either... after about a dozen reboots... before it was 50:50
go / no-go... no idea why that should be affected.

I tried suspend / resume hoping the magic rubbed off on that but it's
completely broken again.... oh well at least I have a stable platform to
investigate it on now.