2.6.24 development git tree

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Tue Jan 8 13:28:11 CET 2008

Hi folks -

Thanks to Harald's hard work on updating the moko patches to track
kernel.org I was able to get a recent git of 2.6.24 booting okay on
GTA-02 today.  This is not any kind of release since it is very much in
unstable development mode, but if you're interested my 2.6.24 tree is
mirrored here:

You can clone it like this

$ git clone git://git.openmoko.org/git/kernel.git linux-2.6
$ cd linux-2.6
$ git checkout origin/andy

then you find the directory is configured to the "andy" level with the
build scripts I use in there and the patches applied.  That branch is
just intended to be a mirror of whatever I am working on and it might
change daily without maintaining its commit history due to use of stgit.
 If you want to work on top of it you have to make a local branch for
your work based off origin/andy, prep it with stgit and start
uncomitting or making new patches, or you can make a new branch that is
based on mokopatches branch and cherrypick what you want from my or
other branches when you want it.

If you want to try it be aware that the NOR patch needs support in
U-Boot to find the rootfs and the mmc patch (which is a couple of days
behind the one right now) is very chatty at the moment.

You can either unapply the NOR patch to get started, or you can find a
U-Boot tree with the necessary NOR partition support here:

This describes how to update your U-Boot env