considering the switch to 2.6.24

Dodji Seketeli dodji at
Thu Jan 10 15:29:04 CET 2008

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:39:46 +0100,
Harald Welte <laforge at> wrote :

> yes, unfortuantely I never implemented hardware accelerated
> framebuffer for the glamo driver.  Theoretically there are only a few
> operations that have to be implemented (for cursor and for bit
> blitting) and it should be super fast even with console enabled.  Now
> that Xglamo is around, it should be fairly easy to port this
> functionality into the kernel.

Right. The xglamo hw blitting backed scrolling support is rather solid
now and should be easily portable to the frambebuffer code. I think I
could look into that when I have a little bit of time.

OpenedHand Ltd.
Unit R, Homesdale Business Center / 216 - 218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / United Kingdom.  Tel,fax: +44 (0) 208 819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices -