considering the switch to 2.6.24

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Jan 10 21:30:19 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> Yeah -- I replied to this but it seems you didn't get it?  I mail it
> directly to you.

I got it, it was just a bit further down in my mails :)

> but 0 means you can't update the NOR contents
> from Linux without PITA.

Oh, I didn't mean to ignore it, sorry. What I'm suggesting is to have
a single NOR partition, and figure out how exactly to use it later.
(With just u-boot dropped into it for now.)

> I dunno if you noticed but there is a 20s boot time target being talked
> about now.  Something radical will have to be done to get near that and
> this is it, I think.

Hmm, let me do a bit of research into making our root file system
a bit quicker to access. I would be surprised if we were the only
ones who are having a hard time with "mount" talking forever. It's
just that we never actually looked for better solutions once we
had the basic functionality in place.

> Wah -- make sure libftdi didn't get updated, 0.8 was golden for me.

I'll try that, yes. I've filed it one under "really scary things
Andy has dug up" ;-)

> I set it here so the Video has (8MB - 64K) :-)

That's what I call a broad DMZ ;-)