GTA-02 U-Boot Splash working

Andy Green andy at
Mon Jan 14 09:52:10 CET 2008

>>> GTA-02 U-Boot Splash is working here now.  There's a 3.5 - 4s dead time,
>>> but when it does bring the backlight up the image is already there, and
>>> it stays there until Linux picks it up.
>> Cool stuff. Is this git tree a superset of what we have in svn? If so,
>> then I guess I should make a bitbake recipe for that.
> It is a superset, in addition the git trees for both U-Boot and the
> 2.6.24 Kernel are based on upstream git and have a layered concept

Hi Mickey -

There is some appetite in .tw to have packages for 2.6.24 now for
general use.  I don't know how they will generate them via bitbake or OE
or whatever, but it is the case.

When 2.6.24 proper comes out we will have to base a stable tree on it,
at the moment we're tracking git, probably it makes sense to
enable people to cook a package off our git for development.

I myself started running into trouble with DFU because there is no way
to update the modules in rootfs along with the monolithic kernel salted
away in its own partition.