2.6.24-rc7 update status

Samuel Ortiz sameo at openedhand.com
Wed Jan 16 10:57:22 CET 2008

Hi Werner,

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 09:12:06PM -0300, Werner Almesberger wrote:
> The WLAN came up partially:
>
>   sdio_wlan 00:01: SDIO device, IDs SD_0001 (active)
>   Unsupported configuration opcode: 3
>   Unsupported configuration opcode: 5
>   ar6000_available
>   ar6000_init() Got WMI @ 0xc7d2b800.
>    Timeout waiting for recv message
>    Target Not Available!!
>   ar6000_avail: register_netdev failed
>   unregister_netdevice: device eth0/c7ea0000 never was registered
>   WARNING: at net/core/dev.c:3523 rollback_registered()
>
> I'm not sure if this is expected behaviour with my old (FW 1.3 ?)
> module. Samuel ?
This is expected, yes. My patches are currently for a 2.0 FW, and it is
not backward compatible with a 1.3 FW.
I am currently running a 2.6.24 based on Andy's git tree, and it works fine
for me and my 2.0 FW module.

Now that everyone is shifting to a 2.6.24 tree, what about the production
images ? Will they run on a 2.6.24 as well ?

Cheers,
Samuel.