Lost patches merged / 2.6.24 update

Dodji Seketeli dodji at openedhand.com
Tue Jan 22 10:15:37 CET 2008

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 04:38:08 -0300,
Werner Almesberger <werner at openmoko.org> wrote :

[...]

> > Add it to bugzilla?  Discuss it on bugzilla?  (please say no)
>
> Bugzilla has one benefit, and that's that it keeps everything
> related to the issue together and accessible with a single URL.
> The big drawback is that it quickly turns into the proverbial
> haystack, and it's quite easy to miss even new bugs ...

Well, I tend to use bugzilla during the development of a given feature.
That feature has a bug (or enhancement request) associated. The benefit
of it is that I can see myself the progress of the patch i am working
on, as bugzilla can keep track of the different versions of the patch.
That can also help in sharing the patch with other developers in its
early infancy stage. I am not sure that is worse than putting the patch
on a random server somewhere on the interweb.

Then when I feel the patch is in a good enough shape, I then send
it to the list and close the bug.

Not that I am saying this *should* be the way to go for everybody, but
well, it works for me :-)

Cheers,

Dodji.

--
OpenedHand Ltd.
Unit R, Homesdale Business Center / 216 - 218 Homesdale Road /

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://www.openedhand.com