booting GTA02 from microSD

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Sat Jan 26 06:30:02 CET 2008

On Saturday 26 January 2008 04:13:36 Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> how hard is it to boot GTA02 from microSD?
> We would probably need to port Andy's glamo/MMC driver into u-boot?
> Does anyone plan to do that or thinks it's a good/bad idea?

I think it's a very good idea. Two simple reasons:

1.) people would feel this as a regression, since it works w/ gta01.

2.) if we want to promote the gta02 as a multi-distro device (qtopia, OM,
Android, what not), then booting from SD is almost a necessity. [yes, you can
do it in userland as well with chroot and pivot init, but that's cumbersome]

:M: