USB vendor ID change (GTA02 only)

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Jan 29 14:56:26 CET 2008

usb-vendor.patch changes the USB vendor ID of GTA02 from FIC's 0x1457
to OpenMoko's 0x1d50. (SVN revision 3977.)

Note that this creates a compatibility barrier for u-boot upgrades
through DFU. I've therefore not updated "series" yet.

We now have several pending patches that cause incompatible changes
in u-boot on GTA02. I'll post step-by-step upgrade instructions in a
little while.

(By the way, I've abandoned the plan for a phased u-boot upgrade with
a transitional version since we can achieve almost the same by making
an upgrade step through NOR, and setting up the recovery system in NOR
is something I'd highly recommend anyway.)

- Werner

OpenMoko, Inc. now has its own USB vendor ID. Changing the ID creates a
compatibility barrier for DFU, so we only do this for GTA02.

To make it easier to locally back out this change, it gets its own patch
for a while. To be merged into uboot-gta02.patch later.

usb-vendor.patch:
- include/configs/neo1973_gta02.h (CONFIG_USBD_VENDORID),
  board/neo1973/gta02/config.mk (CONFIG_USB_DFU_VENDOR): changed USB ID from
  FIC to OpenMoko