USB device driver debugging

Jean-Michel Bouffard jean-michel.bouffard at
Thu Jan 31 16:39:44 CET 2008

Pierre Hébert wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 January 2008, Jean-Michel Bouffard wrote:
>> but I cannot find where I could enable "usbmon"
>> or "usb debugging".
> You should find the kernel option in Device Drivers->USB Support->USB
> Monitor.
> regards,
> Pierre.

The only option I can see is:
-> Device Drivers
  -> USB support
    -> USB Gadget Support
        (*) Support for USB Gadgets
        [] Debugging information files

There is nothing else in "USB Support". I will try "USB Gadget" ->
"Debugging information files" but I don't think this is what I am
looking for.

What I am doing is that I cd to the kernel folder
and from there I do a "make menuconfig". Am I doing the right thing to
configure the OpenMoko kernel?

Thanks for your help