backlight device, suspend/resume... [RANT]

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Jul 9 02:58:05 CEST 2008

On 09.07.2008 02:38, Mike (mwester) wrote:
> [...]
> Ok, enough said.  The community will maintain a patch to make sure that
> we can read the display when the thing crashes.

You forget that a device-disabling userspace crash will most likely not
leave any hints about the reason on screen, so the exercise seems
completely pointless. It looks nice in theory, but of all crashes which
would render userspace dead, I can't imagine one which would give you
the nice error message you want.

Feel free to correct me.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel