Proposal: "debug" branch for the kernel

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Wed Jul 9 07:48:48 CEST 2008

> I think perhaps we can find a better way to proceed on at least some
> of
> these philosophical disagreements by providing choices.

There really needs to be some leadership resolve on these issues - we
can't have the kernel hacking going on with no clear over-all
distribution guidance.  I've read this thread with trepidation lately.

The whole issue of the state of devices during suspend/resume *is* a
kernel issue, and it *is* a user space issue.  The kernel needs to do
what its told to do by devices, and the state of these devices post-
suspend should be being read from flags, somewhere, and restored.

Whats wrong with having proper init levels and behaviour for suspend/
resume, backlight on/off, LED states?

;
--
Jay Vaughan