backlight device, suspend/resume... [RANT]

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at
Wed Jul 9 13:21:07 CEST 2008

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 19:38:59 -0500 "Mike (mwester)" <mwester at> babbled:

> Ok, but you *DO* agree that there is a compromise necessary.  I'm asking
> for nothing more than *EXACTLY* what you are suggesting here -- while
> this kernel and this hardware is in its current state, we need to make a
> compromise on these principles of purity, etc. and do the right thing
> for the user.  That's all I'm asking for!

the right thing for the user right now is for the kernel to leave the backlight
in exactly the state it found it. :)

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster at>