current focus

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Jul 10 13:49:45 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> This is yet another case for an always-on MPU to solve it in future designs.

This one is actually a little bit trickier: even if we had that
MPU, it could do nothing to change what the PMU is doing, since the
PMU doesn't even get out of reset. From section 8.17.11 of the PMU
manual:

| The I2C-bus module is only enabled in the Active state when the
| reset for the host controller is released

What would solve these problems would be either to have I2C also
available in Standby or the ability to load the initial PMU
configuration from some EEPROM.

A while back, when discussing "liberating" the PMU documentation
with NXP, they said that something like such an EEPROM might well
be part of some future product. Unfortunately, that doesn't help
us at the moment.