Openmoko Bug #1599: Suspend / resume breaks audio

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Sun Jul 13 16:23:28 CEST 2008

#1599: Suspend / resume breaks audio
 Reporter:  phyce            |       Owner:  openmoko-kernel
     Type:  defect           |      Status:  new
Component:  System Software  |     Version:  GTA02v5
 Severity:  normal           |    Keywords:
 Blocking:                   |   Blockedby:
 Media player works fine on a cold start.
 Then I suspend the FR :

  # apm -s

 or if I let the "dim first, then lock" option suspend it after a while.

 On resume, sound isn't working anymore in media player.

 And I guess this means you can't take an incoming call out of suspend.

 I know the suspend/resume is a work in progress but this have to work in
 order to allow a decent battery life.