debug read nand(weekly report)

xiangfu xiangfu at openmoko.org
Tue Jul 15 11:41:15 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:

> |  for (i=start_addr; i < (start_addr + size);) {
> |        size += NAND_BLOCK_SIZE;  <========= You meant "i +="
>
> Seems a typo breaks the code above.

i never change the code nand_read.c
(i comment this line buf +=j, because this change my buf address :-)
copy this file from the uboot/cpu/arm920t/s3c24x0/
size += NAND_BLOCK_SIZE;  <========= this may to skip the bad block

the image i write to NAND is only 824bytes
i see "define NAND_PAGE_SIZE          2048 " one page is 2048bytes.
so i made the buf is 2048 , is there something wrong.

about the serial console debug . which code i should read?

Werner wrote:

	-1 write a minimalistic NAND loader for GTA02 (using the relevant code from u-boot as an inspiration)

	-2 move initialization that is currently in u-boot but that is not part of the minimalistic NAND loader into the kernel

	-3 as a proof of concept, boot a kernel image with a "hello world"  initramfs

now i am working on (1),
i also want learn some base knowledge about 'move initialization into kernel' or read some book about that
So i need help and direction, what i should learn?