Merge 2.6.24.7 into stable

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat Jul 19 05:17:25 CEST 2008

Mike (mwester) wrote:
> and while I suspect that sufficient effort applied by the full-time
> experts at Openmoko will overcome any hurdles, I cannot say the same for
> the community projects that may be impacted.

Heh, there are probably ten times as much resources outside of Openmoko
than inside ;-)

Anyway, do you have an idea where to expect problems for GTA01 ? When
would catching up with mainline be convenient for GTA01 ?

It's the old problem that staying with the old kernel is always the
best strategy for getting you from today to tomorrow, but likely one
of the worst for getting you from today to next year.

Don't worry, we haven't agreed to meet in secret tonight and get the
deed done before dawn. But I think we shouldn't let this linger for
too long either.

Also, when I get to pick up working on pushing things upstream again
(which didn't progress nearly as much as I would have wanted - too
many recent emergencies :-( ), starting from a tree that's up to date
and that actually works will make life easier for everyone involved.