Backup battery discharged -> GTA01 and GTA02 dead

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Tue Jul 22 02:17:23 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> | I've run the ASU image on it before it stopped working, I never got nice
> | pictures on the home display, and when running Qtopia, I never got
> | colours - just black and white half-icons.
>
> Huh.  The thing you mentioned about the red LED flash though, that is
> something that happens at early boot time.

Sometimes it's a normal flash, sometimes it's a very dull very short flash.

The device is back to being unresponsive for 30 tries so far.  Going to
take it back out of the case and pop the can again to see if that had
anything to do with the successful boot last night ...

> Is your LCM flat cable in its socket OK?  It's under some sticky grey
> "chainmail" EMI filter adhesive.

Seems to be.  When I loaded up the latest 2007.2 image the home screen
and icons are fine.  I don't know whether there is something in ASU or
Qtopia which tickles the glamo differently from 2007.2 or something ...

-- Rod