Battery sometimes goes dead while phone is on charger.

Andy Green andy at
Tue Jul 22 10:06:48 CEST 2008

| Possibly related, maybe not -- when charging a Nokia BL-6C battery,
| chgcur is blank (no reason for it to not report the charging current,
| even if the 50633 doesn't know how full the device is).  Far stranger
| is that one can watch the battery voltage on the BL-6C rise over time
| (it's definitely charging) until suddenly the battery voltage as
| reported by battvolt goes from about 4000 mv to 65535 mv.  (That's a lot
| of voltage... :D :P)

Hum I thought it would make me happier to learn we generate 65V :-/
That's bad too if ADC read times out.

| (Oh, yes -- I've also observed the charge ceasing at some point, as
| described in this bug report.  Once that happens, the device continues
| to run until it drains the battery completely.)

Sum of recent meddlings have not been entirely successful in pcf50633.c
I think we can go out on a limb and imagine.

A sufferer's dump showed last night that chgena=0 is behind the charging
trouble.  I started on a patch then but not sure it nails it so I will
go on thismorning.