GPS test procedure

Kent Yoder shpedoikal at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 00:18:47 CEST 2008

Hi Werner,

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Werner Almesberger <werner at openmoko.org> wrote:
> This is an update of the test procedure I wrote for our Taipei team.
> It's the same for regular devices except that you won't have to worry
> about the capacitor :)
>
> Results from the field are hotly welcome ;-)
>
> Thanks,
> - Werner
>
> ---------------------------------- cut here -----------------------------------
>
> 0) Preparation:
>
>  - take the unmodified GTA2v6 (the two without the capacitor rework)

  Using my vanilla freerunner...

>  - build and install a kernel from the latest "andy" branch, making
>    sure it contains debug-add-glamo-drive-strength-module-param.patch

kernel: http://buildhost.openmoko.org/daily/freerunner/200807/20080722/uImage-om-gta02-latest.bin

User space from 7/18 IIRC...

>  - insert a microSD card

done

> 1) Try with disabling the SD_CLK:
>
>  - boot the Neo
>
>  - do 10 time to first fix (TTFF) tests

On first boot:

sd_drive=2
sd_idleclk=0
sd_max_clk=16666666

10 test results are:
181,59,237,244,463,324,136,248,194,342

=2428s

> 2) Try changing the drive strength:
>
>  - log on and execute the following commands (drive strength 0):
>
>    echo 1 >/sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_idleclk
>    echo 0 >/sys/module/glamo_mci/parameters/sd_drive
>    dd if=/dev/mmcblk0  of=/dev/null bs=1 count=1
>
>  - without rebooting the device, do 10 TTFF tests

drive=0, idleclk=1

101,192,308,186,144,127,173,169,93,54

=1547s

drive=1, idleclk=1

357,336,220,412,264,226,181,69,236,230

=2531s

drive=2, idleclk=1

372,[had to plug into wall here]224,945,211,583,902 (gave up ;-)

drive=3, idleclk=1

720,900+, 900+ ...

  Here I had to quit for the night, but I just saw the patch go by
that set's default level to 0, so I thought I'd just go ahead and send
this mail...

Kent

--
Kent Yoder