sysfs entry for accelerometer range

Daniel Willmann daniel at
Fri Jul 25 16:50:34 CEST 2008

could we have a sysfs entry that allows us to switch the resolution of
the accelerometer between 2/8g?
Andy, you are the one most familiar with the accelerometers I believe,
could you add that feature?

That would be great since Paul-Valentin Borza, the student working on
accelerometer based gesture recognition reported that the default +-2g
range is too small for some gestures. 4g would be ideal, but
unfortunately our hardware can only switch between 2 or 8g.
I wonder if it would make sense to have one in 2 and one in 8g mode so
we have the accuracy at low g and the range...

Daniel Willmann